Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back with a vengeance and my DM debut

Like Bruce Willis in Die Hard I am back!  It's been a long and busy hiatus, but I'm here and I'm ready to help any one I can understand the ways of gaming. 

In recent news, I have DMed/ran some dungeons and dragons 3.5 and a game created by the Non-Productive guru, Frank called "Adventure's Wanted".  It is a d6 system that is very lax where you have the ability to buy yourself extra points with your talents while I can get myself extra points by exploiting your faults. 

My 3.5 game was something I had cooking in my brain for about 4 years.  It all started when I was playing in the 3.5 version of the Tomb of Horrors.  After the first character died, I was dumbfounded as to how early in the game it was and the DM simply replied, "It's the Tomb of Horrors, not the Tomb of Fluffy Bunnies."  Ever since those lines were uttered, I have envisioned the game and hoped that one day I would run it.  After finding my notes from 2 years ago, I knew I had to run it.  So 5 brave souls were the witness to my debut. 

They entered the cave where all the commotion started and were immediately turned into bunnies.  They still had gear and what not, but bunny sized.  Then, there was the fight with Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail (Ranger, Rogue, and Palidan respectively).  Then, a room that I based on the cross room from Angel where he is trying to win Darla's life.  And then, the final room, where they fought Drake, my own version of Bunnicula (it's a children's book about a pet bunny that sucks out the pigment in veggies.  Read it if you haven't.  It's quite cute).  The game went well which made me excited for my next game--TALES OF INTEREST!!

The title was inspired by a Futurama episode.  An anthology of mini games that was selected by a dice roll.  Scenarios were written, but only a few would make it to the table.  Imagine you woke up in a prison cell and you were unsure of the crime you commited in the land of the Glamazons.  The ruler of the land is RuPaul (yeah, that's right, RuPaul) and she tells you that the only way out is to fight her champion.  Her champion is a giant, animate gazebo.  For those who don't know, there is a story that has been cirulating for some time about a player that attacked a gazebo because he thought it would be a monster, but it was nothing more than a gazebo.  I had too much fun with that one.  I just wish we had more time to run my other mini game.  It involved taking an orc to a ball to meet his bride in an arranged marriage to unite two families.  It sadly had to be rushed.

This weekend, as some of you may know, is Comic Con 2011.  I wish I had the money to go, but I went to Disney World a couple of weeks ago and I was worried more about travel cost.  Upon hearing that Rose McGowan was going to be there, I am regretting my choice.  I have adored her since seeing Jawbreaker about 10 years ago and became hooked when she replaced Prue on Charmed.  It might have been because the character I created a few years prior in fan fictions was now on the show, but I digress.  I believe she is doing a panel with the cast of Conan the Barbarian which also featured Jason Momoa (Stargate Atlantis and Game of Thrones) and he is a beautiful man. 

If you can get to Comic Con, I suggest it.  It sounds great.  There are also other guests, a dealer's room to die for and swag everywhere.  Most of the other Linecutters will be there.  If you hear a familiar voice, say 'Hi'.  They're a cool bunch of guys.

Well, I must be shoving off.  Next time I'll be talking about Young Justice and Game of Thrones

Until next time

Love and Rockets
Lauren of the Linecutters

Listen every Wednesday at 7 on non-productive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment