Friday, September 17, 2010

Chrono Trigger

Tuesday, I started playing, what I was told, was one of the best RPGs.  It was the unofficial Final Fantasy V.  Yep, Squaresoft (now Square Enix...or is it vice versa?) made this game back in the days of Super Nintendo.  It was re-released with a Final Fantasy collection for the Playstation (That's what we called the PS1 back in the day--ya hear me you youngin's).  From what I heard, it's a lot of fun.  The problem with the PS1 version was that it had a lot of lag. 

Recently, within the past year or so, Chrono Trigger was re-released on the Nintendo Gamboy DS.  Great idea.  Lag time--gone!  Hooray for cartridges--especially cartridges that are the size of an SD card and that you never need to blow into them. 

From what I was told, there are so many ways that this game can go.  Every little action, every decision, can change parts of your story.  I'm intrigued yet it's still sometimes difficult to understand the concept of a non-linear video game.   

I am excited to see what happens.  I know very little of the game and most of my friends are surprised when I tell them I only heard of Chrono Trigger within the past couple of years since the game came out in the early 90s.  So like Final Fantasy VII was new for me (that's a story for another day), Chrono Trigger is going to be very new. 

Until tomorrow
Love and Rockets
Lauren
Of the Linecutters (Wednesdays @7pm only on non-productive.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment